Welcome to inlingua’s official IELTS Test Center (US050)
IELTS continues to grow, internationally, in both institutional recognition and total candidates. 2.7 million candidates in more than 140 countries and more than a 1100 test locations sit for the IELTS exam. The inlingua English school in Washington DC is proud to be part of such a powerful and growing international English test. IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) is an English proficiency exam that measures the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. It’s the world’s proven English test. Over 3 million candidates took the test in 2017 to start their journeys into international education and employment.
For over ten years, inlingua® Washington DC has been offering English exams and is proud to be the largest IELTS center in the US.
- Our teachers bring substantial experience leading IELTS test preparation courses, in addition to English classes, and regularly receive additional focused training.
- Our highly experienced team of examiners undergo rigorous IELTS certification.
- Students will use 6 full-length IELTS tests and textbooks developed by the maker of the test.
- Prepare and test at our language school in Washington DC! Our testing center has been recognized by IELTS USA as the top IELTS center in the USA for the past 5 years, consecutively.
Prepare your IELTS test with us! Read more
Inlingua’s IELTS test dates – 2018
HOW TO REGISTER FOR YOUR ENGLISH TEST:
For complete details about the IELTS test and a list of our test dates please visit www.ielts.org.
If you have registered online via www.ieltsregistration.org, you will receive an IELTS TEST APPLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the acknowledgement carefully and email the following to email@example.com as soon as possible to complete your registration:
- The IELTS Test Application Acknowledgement email
- A copy of your valid passport (passport card is not accepted)
- Payment: $240. You can pay by emailing us a completed copy of this Credit Card Official Payment Authorization Form, or by coming to our office to pay by cash/credit/money order, or mailing us a money order.
If you cannot register online, you can use the paper-based application forms, by printing, scanning and emailing the IELTS application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing it to our office with payment of $235 and a copy of your valid passport (passport card is not accepted). You can pay by either mailing us a money order, by emailing us a completed Official Payment Authorization Form, or by coming to our center to pay in person.
If you are sending your documents, we will process all documents in the order that they are received.
- Please make sure that your credit card form is completed and valid. If your credit card is declined, your application will be rejected.
- Please allow 4-6 days for your documents to be processed.
- Please DO NOT re-send your documents as this will cause a delay in the original process and/or cause for your credit card to be charged twice.
As soon as your documents are confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email including your complete schedule.
- Please see the “IELTS TEST APPLICATION CONFIRMATION” email that you received from email@example.com for details regarding the address of the test location, schedule, rules, and guidelines for your test day.
On the test day, please arrive at the test location NO LATER THAN 8:30am (Strayer University, near Court House Metro Station).
The doors CLOSE at 8:30am, with NO exceptions. The doors open at 7:45am, so please plan to arrive early.
To prepare for the exam and test day, please make sure that you read the information for Candidates provided for you in this link:
Viewing Your IELTS Results Online
IELTS releases a preview of test results online (results.ielts.org) 13 days after each exam, though the release of scores happens over a 24-hour period, so some candidates may experience a short delay. Scores can be viewed online for 30 days.
For more information and assistance with viewing your scores CLICK HERE.
Useful information about inlingua® IELTS Test Center:
- We hold the test at Strayer University, near Court House metro, though our administrative offices are at inlingua language school in Rosslyn.
- Official IELTS administrative office hours: Tuesdays to Fridays, from 10:00am to 5:00PM
- Time to answer phone calls related to IELTS exam: From 12:00PM to 4:00PM, Tuesdays to Fridays. Please email your IELTS-related inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot reach us by phone. Emails will be responded to within 2-3 business days and in the order in which they are received.
- Official inlingua® Washington DC Language School hours:
Mondays to Thursdays: From 8:30am to 6:00pm
Fridays: From 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Test Report Form (TRF) pick-up time:
Mondays to Thursdays: From 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Fridays: From 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Note: Test results are released at 11:00 AM 13 calendar days after the date of the test.
RECEIVING YOUR RESULTS – TWO OPTIONS:
1) If you would like to pick up your results, in person, at inlingua (our language school in the Rosslyn neighborhood of Arlington), you can sign up at the end of the IELTS exam on the day of the test. If you sign up, you can pick up your Test Report Form (TRF) on or after the 13th calendar day after your exam day–just come by inlingua® Washington DC’s language school to collect your score. We will need to verify your identification (via your valid passport, or student ID, or driver’s license) before handing you a TRF. If you do not pick up your TRF on the 13th day, it will be kept here at inlingua’s IELTS office for up to 3 months from the date of issue.
Note: If you would like another person to pick up your results for you, you must email us to request this in advance. You must providing the test center with written authorization for a third party to collect the TRF, which includes the full name and ID document number of that third party.
2) For everyone who does not sign up to pick up the results at inlingua, your test report form will be mailed out on the 13th day after the test day. (Please note that results are occassionally held by IELTS further analysis, as part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, in which case we will notify you as soon as possible of the delay.) Please note that it is specified in the Declaration signed by candidates on the Application Form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.
Candidates are only allowed 1 original copy of their test report form. This one copy is only for your records. If you want to send your results to a university or other organization
Test results can be previewed on www.results.ielts.org when they are released. Please allow an additional 24-48 hours for the data to be uploaded.
For help on viewing your results online, please click here.
Note : Test centers are not permitted to give results out over the phone or by email.
TEST CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER:
If you want to cancel your test more than 5 weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund minus a $56.25 administration charge. A transfer request more than 5 weeks before the day of the exam will incur a $15 administration fee.
If you cancel within 5 weeks of the test date, you will be charged the full fee unless you have a serious medical reason. If you provide a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date, you will receive a refund. Please note, this does not apply to minor illnesses, which are not eligible for refund. Likewise, transfers less than 5 weeks before the exam will require documentation.
HOW TO REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL TEST REPORT FORM (TRF):
For requesting a Test Report Form (TRF) to be mailed to a college, university, or other institution, please search for the institution and what scores they accept on this page: Institutions and Scores Accepted
Please complete the Additional TRF request form and email it to email@example.com. We can send up to 5 copies within 30 days of your exam date free of charge. After that, a fee of $10 will be applied for every Test Report Form (TRF).